Fitness video games (not technical forum as its fitness)

Hi (please dont move this to technical as its not technical related its fitness related)

Have any of you tried any fitness games on any games consoles? I just tried sports active 2 on the kinect and i will tell you what, its amazing. I did a basic programme and its hurt my muscles as it should, im shattered as i should be and in need of a shower :hihi:

I hate gyms and wanted something as close to but not as intense (although you can do it on 'hard' mode) and this is really good. It has some fun things in there as well like 'dodgeball' to make it more interesting that gyms which i find dull. It has free weights and a resistance band which is brilliant. It has set programs which can link to online if you chose and they are 9 week programmes which are just the same as you would get at a gym. I couldnt believe to be honest how much like an actual gym programme it would be to be honest. Im very impressed. I heard lots of negativity saying, just go to a gym as its better and better to have supervision and that nothing would ver compare. But to be honest I think this compares greatly!! Not just for gym beginners either, my other half is in good shape and often goes to a gym but yet found this brilliant and after prior negative thoughts was impressed once played it.

Ive tried workout games before but none have been structured like this. Im finding it really good.

Wondered if you had tried any fitness games and what you thought of them? How do they compare with a gym workout?

Thanks

I have wii fit and another fitness program on the nintendo wii and i find both of them very good and enjoyable ways to work out especially the other game since more than one person can work out with it at the same time, wii fit is also good but it always feels like a lower impact form of working out but it is a lot of fun.

To be honest i've never used a gym for working out the whole experience seems to be garnered towards exercise rather than fun and i only exercise in fun ways otherwise it is more like work and that would make it difficult to maintain commitment.

Hi (please dont move this to technical as its not technical related its fitness related)

Have any of you tried any fitness games on any games consoles? I just tried sports active 2 on the kinect and i will tell you what, its amazing. I did a basic programme and its hurt my muscles as it should, im shattered as i should be and in need of a shower :hihi:

I hate gyms and wanted something as close to but not as intense (although you can do it on 'hard' mode) and this is really good. It has some fun things in there as well like 'dodgeball' to make it more interesting that gyms which i find dull. It has free weights and a resistance band which is brilliant. It has set programs which can link to online if you chose and they are 9 week programmes which are just the same as you would get at a gym. I couldnt believe to be honest how much like an actual gym programme it would be to be honest. Im very impressed. I heard lots of negativity saying, just go to a gym as its better and better to have supervision and that nothing would ver compare. But to be honest I think this compares greatly!! Not just for gym beginners either, my other half is in good shape and often goes to a gym but yet found this brilliant and after prior negative thoughts was impressed once played it.

Ive tried workout games before but none have been structured like this. Im finding it really good.

Wondered if you had tried any fitness games and what you thought of them? How do they compare with a gym workout?

Thanks

I think I burned 1:100th of a calorie reading that. Knackered now, must get some rest.

Archived