Can any government get us out of this economic mess

I suspect that any government (left, right, centre) that truly took the appropriate means to deal with our problems would find itself very unpopular and lose the following election by a landslide.

It's too late anyway. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that 2011 is the year that the 2008 crisis (the one that was merely deferred, not averted) comes back and bites us all on the ass.

December 31, 2011 will show whether I was right or not.

What economic mess, we're not in recession and the economy is growing, what more do you want?

Remove quantitative easing and deficit spending from our economy (about £360 billion in total during 2010) and suddenly the situation isn't so rosy.

If our economy can grow without taking on £160 billion of extra debt each year just to pay our bills and without creating £200 billion out of thin air (QE), then yes, maybe there's hope.

So gang how are we gonna fix it???.

We can't, we will have to wait until the cost of living in china and other countries becomes so high, it costs too much for them to produce goods. Then we have to move quick, before any other countries get in there. That's what you get for selling industries and industrial secrets,machinery.

Archived