Indian restaurants - are we being conned?

Until 1947 there were no Pakistani's/Bengali's they were all Indian.

Indeed they were. The point I was making was that parts of India adopted (or were forced to adopt) the values and mindset of a culture originating in the Middle East.

Moreover, given the subsequent history of Pakistan (in particular) I wonder if partition was a mistake. it is certainly true that India has been a far more successful country (judged for example in political and economic terms) - just as Indian and Sikh immigrants to this country have generally been far more successful than their Pakistani counterparts.

I think some do it to hide the fact that they are putting bogies in your curry.

Does anyone know what they call Indian restaurants in America?

There are very few of them, in my experience. You will find some in the big cities. I remember going to an awful place in Greenwich village. At the end of the meal, I nevertheless gave the waiter a tip. He came to me before I left to complain that the tip was not big enough!

Indeed they were. The point I was making was that parts of India adopted (or were forced to adopt) the values and mindset of a culture originating in the Middle East.

Moreover, given the subsequent history of Pakistan (in particular) I wonder if partition was a mistake. it is certainly true that India has been a far more successful country (judged for example in political and economic terms) - just as Indian and Sikh immigrants to this country have generally been far more successful than their Pakistani counterparts.

Who can rightfully say?. Pakistan has less poverty than India generally but then again India is loads bigger.

Archived