Indian restaurants - are we being conned?

Have some civility. Just because you are on the internet that doesn't give you carte blanche to be obnoxious and rude.

The OP may well have been sincere in the question but naive to the answer. How else will they learn if people like you just insult them :roll:

I have never seen you say this when on a muslim bashing thread that you have posted on so it's alright when people are being rude or obnoxious about muslims/asians but when it is obviously a non muslim poster you start bleating on about civility. :rolleyes:

why are they called "indian" restaurants when theyre almost all owned by pakistani's?

isnt their something in the trading standards that makes this illegal?

Especially when their most popular dish was invented in Scotland.

I have never seen you say this when on a muslim bashing thread that you have posted on so it's alright when people are being rude or obnoxious about muslims/asians but when it is obviously a non muslim poster you start bleating on about civility. :rolleyes:

So in order to take someone to task over being rude I need to have taken everyone to task for the same on every thread or is it I should only ever look out to protect Muslims? And while we are on the subject how is it obvious the OP is a non muslim?

So in order to take someone to task over being rude I need to have taken everyone to task for the same on every thread or is it I should only ever look out to protect Muslims? And while we are on the subject how is it obvious the OP is a non muslim?
Thank you for taking me to task as you would wish to believe sir but how was my post rude? It was a question not to you but to the OP whether the amount of humiliation it generated by a not so thought out question been worth the effort.

I do have an opinion though and that is the OP was trying to creating yet another Pakistani/Muslim bashing thread and spectacularly failed in doing so. If you can't see that the OP is a non muslim then maybe you do live a sheltered life.

Thank you for taking me to task as you would wish to believe sir but how was my post rude? It was a question not to you but to the OP whether the amount of humiliation it generated by a not so thought out question been worth the effort.

I do have an opinion though and that is the OP was trying to creating yet another Pakistani/Muslim bashing thread and spectacularly failed in doing so. If you can't see that the OP is a non muslim then maybe you do live a sheltered life.

If the OP was trying to start another Pakistani/Muslim bashing thread, although I have yet to see a "Pakistani" bashing thread, by replying you are only adding fuel to the fire. The best way to consign such a thread to the bin is to ignore it. The less people reply the quicker it sinks to the bottom of the list. If you were in fact correct then this attempt is pretty lame don't you think?

However, if the OP was not in fact creating a "bashing thread" but was genuinely asking a question they had no answer too, by insulting them and putting a negative slant on the discussion you help start the usual slagging match which will in turn slip into the usual argument.

The fact of the matter is, neither you nor I know the intentions of the OP, but where as your reply was negative, you could have simply been positive and helped create a more pleasant environment, one that is harder to sully with the usual argument, attacks and generally trolling that goes on here.

Archived