Will Mumsnet rule Britain?

David Cameron is hurridly seeking a meeting with a Mum who posted on Mumsnet that she was having to put her disabled child in care because of lack of support.

Mumsnet users swamped the BBC with complaints about the Christmas Eastenders episode and got them to shorten the storyline.

Gordon Brown came in for an almighty battering when he refused to tell Mumsnet what his favourite biscuit was.

Is Mumsnet a force for good, holding people to account and providing a sane motherly voice for Britain or are they just yet another special interest group that seems to have more power than others? Will they be rivals to Murdoch's Evil Empire soon or Microsoft? :)

A couple of links

Cameron attacked by Mother of disabled child.

The Power of Mumsnet

Mumsnet are appalling bullies. They're the horrible sort of people who are convinced their child should be the centre of everyones universe.

That said they do seem organised and they do seem to swing some lead, if only other groups could be as vocal and organised they may get somewhere

David Cameron is hurridly seeking a meeting with a Mum who posted on Mumsnet that she was having to put her disabled child in care because of lack of support.

Mumsnet users swamped the BBC with complaints about the Christmas Eastenders episode and got them to shorten the storyline.

Gordon Brown came in for an almighty battering when he refused to tell Mumsnet what his favourite biscuit was.

Is Mumsnet a force for good, holding people to account and providing a sane motherly voice for Britain or are they just yet another special interest group that seems to have more power than others? Will they be rivals to Murdoch's Evil Empire soon or Microsoft? :)

A couple of links

Cameron attacked by Mother of disabled child.

The Power of Mumsnet

That was ridiculous but Im not sure "swamped" is a good description. It sounded like a very small number!

I think they are insane, I find mothers in general tend to be slightly mental. Just look at the stupid baby on board signs. I take it as a warning that the person behind the wheel is probably not paying full attention and does not have a full view behind because of the stupid sign!

Maybe its a hormonal thing.

With regards to this particular issue why don't they have the kids in a group rather than one to one care that would save money without losing any care time.

Under the last government money was given to Primary Care Trusts to allocate money for respite care and this was not always used for this purpose.

That is essentially how it was described on the news this morning. The local authority has been given the money, they just decided they wanted to spend it on something else.

That was ridiculous but Im not sure "swamped" is a good description. It sounded like a very small number!

I think they are insane, I find mothers in general tend to be slightly mental. Just look at the stupid baby on board signs. I take it as a warning that the person behind the wheel is probably not paying full attention and does not have a full view behind because of the stupid sign!

Are we speaking from experience here? :huh:

I do hope not! a load of airy fairy middle class older mums whose whole world revolves around their little horrors, while Daddy earns far too much so they can surf net all day "advising" people how to best raise their children :)

Archived