Taking legal action against G24?

Is there any scope for legal action against G24 (the PPC which operates in the Meadowhall Retail Park), on the grounds of intimidation and bullying letters etc.

Or is it quite legal for private companies to send out intimidating letters?

I wonder what would happen if everyone that received one sent it to the retailer they were spending their hard-earned with at the time, with a note telling them they won't be able to afford to shop in their store anymore?

They'd probably get a letter back saying they should park within the rules in future and not have to deal with the invoices.

I wonder what would happen if everyone that received one sent it to the retailer they were spending their hard-earned with at the time, with a note telling them they won't be able to afford to shop in their store anymore?

If the letter makes clear-

1. the fact that you know your rights, know the invoice is unenforcable and so will not be paying a penny to the parking company

and

2. that you will boycott the store in the future, for as long as they allow/invite the parking company to patrol the car park

then I think it could be quite effective in getting the store to reconsider it's position, especially if it receives many such letters from different customers.

Archived