Child Support Help

No,we have not ignored letters. We have had letters for years saying he owes nothing. This letter came 2 weeks ago saying they have set up a DEO.

The CSA send you letters saying you dont need to pay anything for your children?

He has them every 2 weeks for 2 nights and 3 days. He also has his son most of his school holidays (6 weeks, etc) an sometimes he will have him a weekend when she needs to work.

Funny thing is he had to go to court to fight to see his kids. She didn't want him to have anything to do with them but she wants him to pay for them all that time ago.

Ok, you can pro rata this - if you have them on average 1 night a week, you only pay 6/7 of the amount calculated previously. If you also have them another 52 nights a year with the holiday times you can pro rata this down to 4/7. days don't count - its how many nights they sleep at the NRP house.

I chose not to do this and pay the full amount, I didn't want my ex counting up days and not allowing my daughter to come for fear of me paying less.

The CSA send you letters saying you dont need to pay anything for your children?

I can only guess they did this based on the old calculation method with protected income - its possible that all income was protected. Seems to me that CSA have changed their mind for some reason - false information, or the belief the information is false perhaps ?

They are utterly useless. Remember it is important to pay by standing order...whatever you do don't sign a direct debit agreement.

A number of letters must have been ignored to get to the stage of deductions of earnings. My advise is to get standing orders set up...not direct debits, they will empty your account.

Don't be so sure. I had a deduction of earnings order on me for no reason, when I complained and asked why, they ignored me.

Archived