Shadow Chancellor Alan Johnson quits

He resigned for 'personal reasons', which is politicians' code for playing away with a secretary or such like (in his case it is a female civil servant). Rumour has it that he was shopped by a member of Balls' staff - which is very plausible, given the track record of the scheming sewer rat Balls.

Wrong! What is code for his wife is having an affair with her body guard?

As I posted on another thread, Balls is a nasty piece of work and not half as bright as he thinks he is. The only difference between him and Alan Johnson in terms of their understanding of economics is that Johnson knew nothing about the subject and virtually admitted it, whereas Balls thinks he understands it but doesn't. I look forward to him blinking his way through expositions of 'post-neoclassical endogenous growth theory' in parliament. There could hardly be a better example of jargon camouflaging ignorance and stupidity.

Wrong again!

Not neccesarily. The 2 events would not be mutually exclusive. She wouldn't be the first wife to seek revenge for a husband playing away from home.

You make a very good point here, Uptowngirl. I suspect this is a case of retaliatory adultery (similar to what Robin Cook's wife did when she discovered he was canoodling with Gaynor). Unfortunately, some posters on this thread appear to lack the mental agility to understand that events can have causes as well as consequences.

You make a very good point here, Uptowngirl. I suspect this is a case of retaliatory adultery (similar to what Robin Cook's wife did when she discovered he was canoodling with Gaynor). Unfortunately, some posters on this thread appear to lack the mental agility to understand that events can have causes as well as consequences.

It has all become very fashionable even down to Toyota Yaris adverts. Not everyone goes as far as Lorena Bobbitt.:hihi:

As I posted on another thread, Balls is a nasty piece of work and not half as bright as he thinks he is. The only difference between him and Alan Johnson in terms of their understanding of economics is that Johnson knew nothing about the subject and virtually admitted it, whereas Balls thinks he understands it but doesn't. I look forward to him blinking his way through expositions of 'post-neoclassical endogenous growth theory' in parliament. There could hardly be a better example of jargon camouflaging ignorance and stupidity.

This may be true, but what Balls has is balls and he will not be afraid to attack the coalition and get his point across at all costs. Even if 95% of what he says is balls, 90% of the electorate will still appreciate and identify with attacks on the coalition, especially with regards tax rises and cuts. Alan Johnson was no attack dog, and in this climate the Shadow Chancellor has a golden opportunity to attack the coalition and their policies. Will people recognise him as the architect of Labours disasterous economic policies? I don't think so.

Archived