Talking To Yourself - Therapy? Or A Sign Of Mental Illness?

hahaha

well i'll have to take you word for it. nice girls dont look at that kind of stuff

as im sure you well know?!!

did you tell yourself anything interesting today

that youd like to share with the group

Er .. yeah. I became fully involved with a discussion on how boring Radio Sheffield is. It was quite a heated debate. In fairness, I was near the electric fire. But, I heard today that RS is to become more regional as a cost cutting device. As much as I think Rony is a complete tool, and Paulette Edwards beyond boring, I talked myself into backing Radio Sheffield against the Tory cost cutting mob.

mmm i only tune in to listen to the footy but see where else could you have had a discussion like that. talking to yourself - its definatley the way to go.

Oh yes. Seth Bennant normally cuts me off when I phone in. So I go threw the conversation that could have happened. Sometimes I make valid points, other times I come across as a tad dim. But! I can have the conversation again, and appear to be a consumate king of chat.

Thinking out loud is perfectly normal - everybody does it, and everybody wonders vaguely if by doing it they're displaying signs of mental illness.

Actually holding conversations with yourself is more of a cause for concern, but it still doesn't automatically follow that the men in white coats will be coming to visit. It can be an early sign of schizophrenia, as it was in the case of my cousin; but it isn't always so.

I usually have the choice of talking to myself or talking to my dog - and he's a Staffy, so it's usually more interesting talking to myself! :hihi:

Having a dog to talk to takes away the stigma of talking to oneself. Even though you really are. I have never met a dog that talks back. But it is a good ruse in public, me thinks.

Thinking out loud is perfectly normal - everybody does it, and everybody wonders vaguely if by doing it they're displaying signs of mental illness.

Actually holding conversations with yourself is more of a cause for concern, but it still doesn't automatically follow that the men in white coats will be coming to visit. It can be an early sign of schizophrenia, as it was in the case of my cousin; but it isn't always so.

Now you have me worried.

Oh yes. Seth Bennant normally cuts me off when I phone in. So I go threw the conversation that could have happened. Sometimes I make valid points, other times I come across as a tad dim. But! I can have the conversation again, and appear to be a consumate king of chat.

he cuts you off? how very rude!

im a little dim sometimes too but the kettle never laughs at me.

the iron sometimes takes the pee tho

you do indeed appear to be the king of chat

well done you

thanks for those words of wisdom

i'll sleep much better tonight

Archived