Car warranty claim

Never actually had to claim. The dealer just does the work and says "oh by the way we found a small problem with X so we fixed if for you under warranty". Most dealerships are franchises so it's in their interest to do any work covered by the warranty to make a claim for it.

Last time i tried claiming off a Warranty company, my claim was dismissed as 'wear and tear'.

That was on a 18 month old Renault Laguna (i know!), with 15K miles on it. Gearbox exploded, sending lots of cogs and bits of metal around the engine bay. Car needed a new Gearbox, Flywheel, Clutch, Radiator plus lots of other smaller parts.

Would you consider that to be wear and tear?

The problem is that anyone could crunch their gear box and then make a claim under warranty.

Luckily I have never had to claim but both my son and wife have made claims without a problem …….. I guess it depends what you are claiming for ….. the greater the cost the more likely they are to scrutinise it.

Last time i tried claiming off a Warranty company, my claim was dismissed as 'wear and tear'.

That was on a 18 month old Renault Laguna (i know!), with 15K miles on it. Gearbox exploded, sending lots of cogs and bits of metal around the engine bay. Car needed a new Gearbox, Flywheel, Clutch, Radiator plus lots of other smaller parts.

surely that would have been the manufacturers warranty? :huh:

We are talking Renault here

Back then you got a years warranty, after that they had no interest in helping or contributing.

Luckily for me, the supplying dealer stumped up for the work...

only one year? blimey, thats how confident they are/were of their cars? lol

bet you wont get a French car again?

Archived