Car warranty claim

The problem is that anyone could crunch their gear box and then make a claim under warranty.

Luckily I have never had to claim but both my son and wife have made claims without a problem …….. I guess it depends what you are claiming for ….. the greater the cost the more likely they are to scrutinise it.

People could also rev their engine till it explodes or any manner of things to get a component to fail.

Point is that you pay for a warranty to cover these failures, otherwise why bother getting it in the first place.

In my example, an engineers report (paid for by the dealer) revealed a manufacturing defect was to blame. Do you think this persuaded the warranty company to reimburse the dealer for the work? Nope, as they only covered 'mechanical failure' which didn't include wear & tear or as it transpired, manufacturing defects.

Did you read my earlier post, where i said "a manufacturing defect was to blame"?

Input shaft sheared in two, under almost no load.....and not during a gear change :roll:

You shouldn't have needed to buy a warranty. Your car should have been covered under EU Directive 1999/44/EC, May 1999

Archived