Car warranty claim

You didn’t say that originally though did you. :roll:

If they refused to pay did they provide their own report that contradicted the one you had?

Nope, they never even looked at it. Simply dismissed the claim with no supporting evidence. The only effect the report had, was to change the refusal from wear & tear to manufacturing defect.

If you have a look at some of the motoring websites (Honest John, Pistonheads), it seems that there are numerous examples of warranty companies refusing claims for similar reasons.

Now, anyone care to discuss the weather / politics!

Who knows, there are so many exclusions in the small print i can't imagine how this particular company ever paid for anything. Was no incentive for me to pursue, since the garage paid for the damage.

Which is why i would never touch an aftermarket warranty again.

But that’s the point if they admit it’s a manufacturing fault how can they hide behind exclusions?

Because it was 15 years ago.

:hihi:

Say no more.

My car is a 55 plate so not that old really with 80k on the clock.I have been the owner since sept 10...i bought the car privately so no warranties and thats the reason for me purchasing a private warranty.The result is that the independant inspection says at sometime in the cars life a wrong oil has been used which has caused the turbo to fail.....

My car is a 55 plate so not that old really with 80k on the clock.I have been the owner since sept 10...i bought the car privately so no warranties and thats the reason for me purchasing a private warranty.The result is that the independant inspection says at sometime in the cars life a wrong oil has been used which has caused the turbo to fail.....

I very much doubt the warranty company would pay out if its not been serviced correctly

Archived