Car warranty claim

the car has full service history and i had one done previosly so any service prior to me aqurring the car is what i have no control over ..hence me purchasing a warranty

It may have a full service history but if it wasnt done correctly its not worth the paper its written on. Again, the warranty company (if they know about the wrong oil situation) may not pay for any problems that may have caused, why should they?

It may have a full service history but if it wasnt done correctly its not worth the paper its written on. Again, the warranty company (if they know about the wrong oil situation) may not pay for any problems that may have caused, why should they?

Because they accepted a policy on a vehicle that was bought in that condition.

To be honest unless the oil used was vegetable based it would be impossible to say what oil had been used by a previous owner.

the car has full service history and i had one done previosly so any service prior to me aqurring the car is what i have no control over ..hence me purchasing a warranty

If everything you say is true, and you bought a car with full service history and bought a warranty in good faith without any knowledge or suspicion of a fault that developed after you took out the warranty...

Then you should away down to a good solicitor or simply take out a claim through Small Claims Court.

I would be very interested to see the evidence on which an engineer based his assertion that the wrong oil had been used, or for that matter who he thought had used it,

Archived