Has anyone won a prize from a competition

I've just remembered, during Euro 2004 I won around £500 on football betting. I'm not a gambler but was working in a bookies at the time and kept putting bets on to keep me interested I was getting 1st goal scores and the correct scores. I also had Greece to win :)

Is a 'triactor' a farming vehicle with three wheels? :huh::P

:hihi: you and your imagination, no what it is you pick 3 horses and put them in order of which you think they'll win. It cost as little as $2 but if you box it then it doesn't matter which order they come in, but then its $12 . You can bet much more but we don't.:)

I've just remembered, during Euro 2004 I won around £500 on football betting. I'm not a gambler but was working in a bookies at the time and kept putting bets on to keep me interested I was getting 1st goal scores and the correct scores. I also had Greece to win :)

That must have been exciting, I wonder what the punters thought, the guy behind the counter cheering along with them. I bet your boss wasn't happy with you, was he around?:hihi:

:hihi: I was the manager of the store, but I wasn't allowed to bet in the stores I worked for so had to go to the bookies down the road, they wasn't too pleased I was taking their money, but they took mine too so it evened out.

:hihi: I was the manager of the store, but I wasn't allowed to bet in the stores I worked for so had to go to the bookies down the road, they wasn't too pleased I was taking their money, but they took mine too so it evened out.

I see, that's how it works is it. :) My OH kept winning on the horses when we were over there once, would you believe the bookie banned him :o It's okay he then sent my Dad to put bets on for him :hihi:

I see, that's how it works is it. :) My OH kept winning on the horses when we were over there once, would you believe the bookie banned him :o It's okay he then sent my Dad to put bets on for him :hihi:

I wouldn't of banned someone for winning it wasn't my money, I would and only ban conartists and there are tons of them.. If I had banned someone I would ring the bookie down the road and tell them and they would also ban them, kinda of like pub watch.

I did bar someone though once because he bullied me when I was at school, if you bar someone from any establishment you don't have to give a reason :) Is that bad?

It was at that bookie on Margetson shops, my oH isn't a con artist either, but he was winning a few hundred pounds.

No I don't think it bad you barring someone that once bullied you, I bet revenge was sweet, wasn't it?:)

I wasn't making out your oh is a con artist! lol. You can tell the con artists, but theres so many cons.

Not mine it was one of the 3 on Woodseats. Yeah, its one of my best moments "A, your Barred, get out" brilliant :)

I'm going to bed, night :)

I think it would be a uplifting thread to see how many of us have won prizes on this forum

I won a bike in a Star competition many years ago (I collected it from Savacentre at Meadowhall, so that should give you some idea of how long ago it was).

I also won a photography competition, again with The Star. Prize was £50. Then again, this was nearly 30 years ago.

Archived