How to spot a fake barbour jacket help me please!!

I'm just nostalgic for the days when the only logo on a barbour jacket was on the inside!

They only seem to look right on farming types, toffs or Italian blokes in my opinion. I went to Rome a few years ago and it seemed every bloke was wearing either a Barbour or a Bellstaff jacket.

If they are that hard to tell the real from the fake,then why not just buy the fake for around half the price.....after all,who will know?!

Funilly enough a mate of mine once brought me a pair of fake 501's back from the far-east. Instead of 'Levis' on the badge it said 'Lives', however ......

these jeans actually lasted about two years longer than a genuine pair of Levis and didn't wear out in the usual place first (the crotch!)

John X

They only seem to look right on farming types, toffs or Italian blokes in my opinion. I went to Rome a few years ago and it seemed every bloke was wearing either a Barbour or a Bellstaff jacket.

I was in a bar in Sheffield not long ago and I counted six blokes wearing almost identical ones. None of them were farming types, toffs or Italian blokes (I think....).

Archived