N power what a disgrace!

You need to get in touch with oflect or ofgem. You know the office of fair trading for electricity. I had a similar situation some years ago when I went to set up lecky account for my new house I was told they would not release to old one until the outstanding debt was cleared on the old house. This was news to me and the ex landlord at the time, as when I moved out there was still credit on the meter also confirmed by ex landlord. Got in touch with with oft they got it sorted and debt cleared.

Turns out that the electric company had set the incorrect price per unit on the meter, so it showed that there was a difference in how many units used and how much was spent on the card, but they still wanted me to pay for thier fault.

I even phoned the electric company and got them to confirm that you should not be able to have a debt with a token or card meter other than an emergency amount which I think was £10 at the time.

i will get intouch witth ofgen but i doubt they will be able to sort it before tonight, thats what im worried about, another night with no electric. thanks for the info though

yes i can change my supplier but that would take weeks! i have got the mans name im going to phone up now and complain....... i bet that would be a waste of time, ive still got to find 45 pound before it goes dark! oh my what a mess.

It's not a waste of time. Sometimes you have to stamp your feet a bit, make a big fuss and say the right things to get what you want.

I would be asking about the complaints process/contacts/addresses etc as you're not happy about been spoken to like a dog from their customer services rep, also i'd make it clear that if this issue does not get dealt with today, you'll be switching supplier asap and contacting Ofgen too. Take everyone's names and extention numbers too,might make them sweat a bit if nothing else!

Good luck

It's not a waste of time. Sometimes you have to stamp your feet a bit, make a big fuss and say the right things to get what you want.

I would be asking about the complaints process/contacts/addresses etc as you're not happy about been spoken to like a dog from their customer services rep, also i'd make it clear that if this issue does not get dealt with today, you'll be switching supplier asap and contacting Ofgen too. Take everyone's names and extention numbers too,might make them sweat a bit if nothing else!

Good luck

i wont be lying... iam switching suppliers asap! i will do what suggested, thanks very much for your time xx

not allowed to leave you with no elec or gas with kids got to come out and sort it in 2-3 hour lost my key they were straight out phone ofgen its not your prob at end of day not your name on bill carnt you set u a new acc new keys free at any spar my local does them

i wont be lying... iam switching suppliers asap! i will do what suggested, thanks very much for your time xx

Don't let them know that straight away though,they need an incentive to get the problem sorted for you. Tell them you will be switching if they don't sort it out today. Then when sorted, you can really enjoy the bit where you get to tell them to sling their hook and take their rude employees with them too!

Let us know how you get on.

not justifying npowers disgraceful customer service, but it's also worth remembering that from their angle, someone has run up that bill!

it might be worth your time trying to find out some more gen on who the last tenant was, and pass that on to npower - it might make them a bit friendlier. also, worth pestering your landlord to clear the backlog - it's not your fault, and i'm pretty sure it should be their responsibility.

Good luck

hit the nail on the head make them sweat

N Power wanted to take me to court over a debt of £1200, that wasnt mine! I sent off my tenancy agreement, and my end of tenancy agreement to prove when I lived there. I had such a nightmare, as I was in the property for 6 months but they wouldnt sort it, they thought I was there around 2 years. In the end of it all (after speaking to someone from a debt collection company) I agreed to pay it off at £6 a fortnight, and once i'd paid what I thought was enough, I cancelled the direct debit - not heard a word from them since, that was over a year ago. I know this doesnt help, as youre on a prepaid meter whereas mine was a quarterly bill, but you need to keep ringing and stand your ground - they should send somebody out to top up your meter, as youve got children. At the very least you'll then have some electric. Did you take a meter reading when you moved in?

Who supplys your gas? If its a different company, its worth ringing them and getting abit upset, and if you agree for them to supply the electric too - they might just clear the debt and get you up and running within 24hrs. Good luck

Archived