N power what a disgrace!

get their names ask for managers only, then threaten with offcom or like wise companies.....normally within the day you will have it sorted.....oh and newspapers are a good one!

sounds a bit threatening but the customer service people are shocking!!

had near enough the same thing with cable yesterday took 3 calls to speak to a manager and in the end ended up with a very decent deal due to callers working off commission giving false information!!

dont let them get away with it, it probably happens to just about evryone who moves house!! its the norm! problem is you always get one thats trying it on!

I would never go back to N-Power.

I could go on for ages about how they messed up.

Never sign up for energy on the door-step, that was my first mistake. They tell you they're cheaper when they're not. They set my direct debit way too low and didn't review it for nearly a year, then tried to increase it by £130 a month!The most recent thing was they decided out of the blue to cancel my direct debit for absolutely no reason, then told me I couldn't cancel it, I had to ring my bank. How did they manage to do it in the first place then? :loopy::rant:

At that point I got fed up and decided to leave them for good.

I'm still paying off my debt to them, at £15 a month, along with my normal payment to my new supplier, should be paid off later this year.

im with npower, and that is the reason i have always refused point blank to pay by direct debit with any energy company. for the sake of losing a tiny discount i would rather get a bill, read the meter and pay them a cheque every three months. saves a load of hassle and my money. heard far too many stories of cockups leaving people in debt when it wasnt their fault.

npower havent been too bad for me in my current home. bills have been accurate and no problems so far (touch wood).

british gas on the other hand!

tried to bill me for over £400 of gas i hadnt used! after countless red letters demanding payment even though i had told them their reading was wildly inaccurate (i even sent a photo of the meter showing less than they'd billed a few weeks after the bill had been sent!) they threatened to take me to court.

so i got a solicitor to write them a letter with the details of my meter reference, meter reading, another photo etc etc and said any correspondance has to pass through him. one week later and i got a meek apology as they had apparently read the wrong meter, and a few quid off my actual bill. that was also my last ever bill from Britsh gas. useless company.

I pay by direct debit because its easier to budget that way, I'm terrible at saving money so wouldn't be able to save enough for the winter gas bill if I paid quarterly.

I'm back with Scottish Power now, never had any problems with them, I only changed supplier to try to save a bit of money. :( Trouble is they employ students (no disrespect to students) to do doorstep selling who probably know next to nothing about the product and how to work out a family's energy usage. They don't care as long as they get their commission.

I was in Morrisons a while ago and a a salesman tried to stop me as I was walking out. I looked at the stand, saw that it was N-Power and just said "No" and walked off.

I pay by direct debit because its easier to budget that way, I'm terrible at saving money so wouldn't be able to save enough for the winter gas bill if I paid quarterly.

I'm back with Scottish Power now, never had any problems with them, I only changed supplier to try to save a bit of money. :(Trouble is they employ students (no disrespect to students) to do doorstep selling who probably know next to nothing about the product and how to work out a family's energy usage. They don't care as long as they get their commission.

I was in Morrisons a while ago and a a salesman tried to stop me as I was walking out. I looked at the stand, saw that it was N-Power and just said "No" and walked off.

i knew a student that did that for npower, and in his case what you said is true.

i have the, probably cynical, view that any energy company will try and screw you for as much as they can get by direct debit. they start off on low monthly rates. possibly lower than they suspect you will use, then they increase them to much higher rates once you have built up a short fall and then never decrease them once you have paid them off. then they wont issue a refund of your money when you have paid too much, but slowly take it off your next 12months of bills.

at least if i get a quarterly bill i can check the meter and only pay for what i have used, no more and no less. it saves a lot of hassle. on occasion they have sent me an underestimated bill and i havent told them. i just pay it all next time if its easier for me.

this month npower sent me a breakdown of all the electric i have used over the past 12 months and how much it all cost in total. i thought that was a pretty good idea - makes it much easier when trawling through the compare sites when im looking to see if i can save money elsewhere. :hihi:

not justifying npowers disgraceful customer service, but it's also worth remembering that from their angle, someone has run up that bill!

No excuse at all, that's between nower and whoever ran up the bill

Trying to pass it to the next person is like the checkout operator at Tesco adding £20 to your bill because the person in front of you stole a bottle of whisky

This happened to my friend. I think it was NPower too. After they refused to reset the meter etc she phone scottish and southern, They came out a couple of days later and took the meter out. Luckily she was able to come and stay with me until it was sorted.

n power are shocking in my opinion

when i moved in i called them to have it set in my name, sent my tenenancy agreement and waited for my first bill. bills arrived but not for me, for the previous tenant.

i kept calling and asking for my bill and also to give meter readings.

it took me 18 months to get them to stop sending bills for the old tenant and send me a bill....... for over £1400!

ithey set a payment plan of £162 a month to pay off old along with current usage then they put it up to £244 in anticipation of winter usage. in 6 months ive paid the current usage and halved the debt.

today i get a letter from a debt collection agency asking for immediate payment of the other £700! on closer inspection this collection agency is registered to npower, would love to know what there playing at

well i contacted them again threatening the superviser with ofgen and got a result! the man gave me a 8 digit reference code to take to my local shop, the lady knew what to do, entered the code then gave me the key, when i got home and put in the key it reset the meter plus put me 10 pounds credit on! just got to sit without gas now because the lady who signed us up for the house from sheffield housing forgot to put us down for a gas reinstate..... waited in all day now they said they cant fit me in while monday!!!!! themels luck is not present today.

Archived