Archery Clubs Advice on Membership!!

Just thought i'd ressurect this thread, just in case you're still interested we have a new archery club at Mosborough and I remember you mentioning you we're in Hackenthorpe. Used to shoot for Abbeydale but now have our own club. Just google aardwolf archers, the site still needs a bit of work but theres some information about us on there or email aardwolfarchers@gmail.com

Just been on your website and realised I've missed the open day/ taster sessions on Saturday :( are you having any more? Will they be on weekends every week? Thankyou :)

hello melly89,

don't worry about missing lasts weekend event we'll run them again, deffinitely on the 20th August and probably something happening this weekend that i'll be able let you know about mid week. The club has really just been established and we would love to do have a go's every weekend but occasionally we like to shoot ourselves. (sorry I don't mean shoot ourselves because they'd be non of us left) I mean practice archery, so we hold the have a go's as often as possible.

Just google aardwolf archers and keep checking the blog or email us at aardwolfarchers@gmail.com.

Nothing wrong with shooting yourself - medieval re-enactor archers do it all the time, and shoot at the armoured types as well. It's the only way you can legally shoot at live targets in this country.

Of course, you do need to shoot 'flu-flu' arrows (big flights to increase drag and rubber tips), otherwise we clanky types get narked - and we have weapons too!

Knights In Battle's archers will be out in strength on the battlefield at Bosworth on the 20th-21st August for the battle re-enactment, as will our cooks, craftspeople, and fighters.

For archers who feel that target or field archery just doesn't deliver enough adrenaline...

Hi Jive Knight,

Had a look at your site and must say it is interesting, re-enactment keeps history alive and I bet you can really get into the part.

I'll keep checking your site and come along to one of your events to see what you do. Are you a closed membership or do you accept new members. I wouldn't want to join you straight away as our clubs only just up and running but if I ever get fed up of shooting for scores then this would certainly be an new challenge.

Yes, we are always looking for new members - foot combatants and craftspeople as well as archers - though most of us do two or three of those categories.

No local shows left this year, sadly, unless you come to the Medieval Madness day at Nostell Priory tomorrow and meet our Archery Captain who will be happy to talk to you about archery. We'll also have fighters, fashion, cookery and the barber-surgeon there.

For the best view of re-enactment archery, though it's a bit further away, I'd recommend the Battle of Bosworth re-enactment.

Thanks for the invite but work becons on weekdays and you wouldn't believe how time consuming (but rewarding) it is setting up a new club.

I will certainly follow your group and check your site, between us I think we can increase the profile of Archery whether we re-enact history as you do or practice and promote the sport as our members do.

Hope Nostell Priory was a success.

Archived