Would you adopt or foster a child?

I know a bloke who fosters. He is only in it for the money. And, with due respect to all, and the OP, the kids are rotten to the core. Total nightmares. Really think hard on fostering. It is noble for sure. And doing a service. But, please think in the cold day of light. Many of the kids come from VERY ****** up backgrounds.

You need incredible patience and stamina to take it on.

I know a bloke who fosters. He is only in it for the money. And, with due respect to all, and the OP, the kids are rotten to the core. Total nightmares. Really think hard on fostering. It is noble for sure. And doing a service. But, please think in the cold day of light. Many of the kids come from VERY ****** up backgrounds.

You need incredible patience and stamina to take it on.

I wonder how many would foster without the significant amount of allowance?.

you could always be a mentor?

I've got a fabulous niece and nephew with whom I have a wonderful relationship, I'm life guardian (the humanist equivalent of being a godparent) to the most lovely little girl who was born to one of the loveliest couples I know and I've got a great relationship with a number of other little ones around me. I hope to continue these relationships as they grow and look forward to them becoming happy, healthy and capable adults.

It's a great shame that I can't be considered as a foster carer or adoptive parent, but I understand that these processes need to have rules in order to function and that my circumstances don't fall within the rules.

I wonder how many would foster without the significant amount of allowance?.

I think there is a big difference between fostering and adoption, sometimes for that very reason. Adoption means taking over the financial responsibility for a child, the same as giving birth. Fostering is, to all intents and purposes, a job. Having said that, I'm sure there are some fantastic foster parents, I believe many go on to adopt a child or children.

Unfortunately, for those wishing to adopt, they often don't get the child early enough. By the time it is decided that the birth family can't keep a child, they may have been severely damaged and unable to form loving and trusting relationships.

I think there is a big difference between fostering and adoption, sometimes for that very reason. Adoption means taking over the financial responsibility for a child, the same as giving birth. Fostering is, to all intents and purposes, a job. Having said that, I'm sure there are some fantastic foster parents, I believe many go on to adopt a child or children.

Unfortunately, for those wishing to adopt, they often don't get the child early enough. By the time it is decided that the birth family can't keep a child, they may have been severely damaged and unable to form loving and trusting relationships.

You are so right.Adoption in the Uk is damned hard my baby sister was adopted from out of the Uk as my parents had problems trying in the Uk despite both being financially secure and loving.

Got four of my own and wouldn't like to put myself through the nails being dug into my hands again.

Would love to adopt a baby but selfishly no one over a year old.

My youngest is 2 going on 3 and it's horrible not having a real baby to care for any more, i really miss the nappy changes etc but there's no way the missus is having another and i can't blame her.

Maybe one day, if we can move top a larger house.

i am about to start the process of fostering a child, with the view of adopting in the end. thousands of kids need homes, would you ever consider fostering?

i would, and mine are old enough and i can give the right amount of time and support to foster kids( most, by the age of three or so, tend to need a lot of support) i will. there are a lot of kids out there who do need homes, and there are a lot of homes out there who can take one or two more kids for a time.

Got four of my own and wouldn't like to put myself through the nails being dug into my hands again.

Would love to adopt a baby but selfishly no one over a year old.

My youngest is 2 going on 3 and it's horrible not having a real baby to care for any more, i really miss the nappy changes etc but there's no way the missus is having another and i can't blame her.

Maybe one day, if we can move top a larger house.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o my little one's one. i won't miss the nappy changes.:hihi: you're the only man i ever heard say that!

Archived