Would you adopt or foster a child?

the bubble is yours. :gag:

Not really no..Have you any experience of working with young people as I do. I have worked voluntarily with young offenders around 60% were fostered or in care at some point..these kids have been victims of the system these kids need help from caring people they are not cash cows.

Without some kind of evidence i find that hard to believe, but then again i know people who happily claim benefits so they can stay at home and play on their games consoles all day.

It's a real bloody shame for the kids if what you say is true, i just can't get my head round it.

What a warped world.

i have anecdotal evidence form people i know who came up in the system. but it is also telling that on job websites you can sometimes get adverts for foster carers. will try to find some for you.

This thread is losing me, people are paid to take in a child in need. ?

Wtf is that about.

I dunno about £200 or a grand a week or whatever, i'm sure my missus got something like £15 a week for our kids before we stopped claiming, that was many moons ago though.

This thread is losing me, people are paid to take in a child in need. ?

Wtf is that about.

I dunno about £200 or a grand a week or whatever, i'm sure my missus got something like £15 a week for our kids before we stopped claiming, that was many moons ago though.

this link might help a bit.

http://www.fundingcaring.co.uk/how-much-get-paid-be-foster-carer.html

i have anecdotal evidence form people i know who came up in the system. but it is also telling that on job websites you can sometimes get adverts for foster carers. will try to find some for you.

I dunno if your on the wind up or what, i'm guessing you really mean this.

I have to say though, it seems your suggesting people are treating fostering as a career, or more cynically a way of (to put it bluntly) having a very nice income at the expense of children who need a loving family.

I sincerely hope that isn't the case. :rant:

I dunno if your on the wind up or what, i'm guessing you really mean this.

I have to say though, it seems your suggesting people are treating fostering as a career, or more cynically a way of (to put it bluntly) having a very nice income at the expense of children who need a loving family.

I sincerely hope that isn't the case. :rant:

not saying everyone is. not at all. i have friends who do it, as well as take in exchange students, and they love it. they do it coz they want to. but there is a significant minority that does do it just for the cash. it does pay enough to make it not worth while doing some jobs. especially for young kids.

the majority of people do it for the right reasons.

Archived