Would you adopt or foster a child?

£106 a week minimum. :rant:

The world has gone ****ing crazy. :help:

I'd take in a kid for free if i had the chance.

You've really opened my eyes, i really had no idea. :(

i know, it's mad. and if you say the kid's too young and need too much care for you to work then you go on benefits, with carers allowances and all the rest. it's open to abuse.

not saying everyone is. not at all. i have friends who do it, as well as take in exchange students, and they love it. they do it coz they want to. but there is a significant minority that does do it just for the cash. it does pay enough to make it not worth while doing some jobs. especially for young kids.

the majority of people do it for the right reasons.

Well i'm gobsmacked if this is true, how could anyone even think about money in this situation, yeah you'd need a little more to feed the extra mouth but £106 minimum. ?

The system is bent as hell if there's a monetary incentive to do this.

Well i'm gobsmacked if this is true, how could anyone even think about money in this situation, yeah you'd need a little more to feed the extra mouth but £106 minimum. ?

The system is bent as hell if there's a monetary incentive to do this.

to be honest, I'm surprised you didn't know this. you can go onto job sites and get work as a foster parent. there are employment agencies that specialize in that. it can be a career for some. which could be fair enough, if they didn't then abuse or neglect the kids.

3k a week to keep them in care.

I can see the money saving, but these are children, surely their welfare comes first no matter what the cost.

I can also now see how the income could corrupt people into equating fostering with with an easy "career".

I had no idea, the thought of this makes me sick.

For once in my life i'm lost for words.

I can see the money saving, but these are children, surely their welfare comes first no matter what the cost.

I can also now see how the income could corrupt people into equating fostering with with an easy "career".

I had no idea, the thought of this makes me sick.

For once in my life i'm lost for words.

how is fostering easy? these kids have issues over and beyond normal kids stuff. its hard work. you would get more money baby sitting cats.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2004/oct/20/biography.childrensservices

Archived