Why do sky take so long to fit broadband

I ordered it three weeks ago and they aren't coming until the 24th, it's a joke. They messed up my initial order as well and then tried to blame it on me! Good job my husband was there when I ordered it and heard the conversation, otherwise I'd have thought I'd gone mad or something! :loopy:

I ordered it three weeks ago and they aren't coming until the 24th, it's a joke. They messed up my initial order as well and then tried to blame it on me! Good job my husband was there when I ordered it and heard the conversation, otherwise I'd have thought I'd gone mad or something! :loopy:

Same here. Took nearly a month to get connected. We had a problem with our router a while ago and an independent expert came in and told us we needed a new one. We rang Sky and some gimp argued the toss with me for over an hour before point blank refusing to send us a new one. Luckily my partner rang back a couple of days later, got a different adviser, and we got a replacement.

Wish we could go back to Virgin!

Same here. Took nearly a month to get connected. We had a problem with our router a while ago and an independent expert came in and told us we needed a new one. We rang Sky and some gimp argued the toss with me for over an hour before point blank refusing to send us a new one. Luckily my partner rang back a couple of days later, got a different adviser, and we got a replacement.

Wish we could go back to Virgin!

Yeah Virgin is great.I had the same equipment since blueyonder/telewest.

Recently my remote wore out ,some buttons not working,3 weeks later they sent a new one that didn't work (not their fault ?),they said it is new so must be Ok.I demanded an engineer who came 2 days later and laughed when he saw the age of my stuff.He changed the box gave me a new remote fine.Two weeks later the box failed,this newer one has now worked for a full month.Fingers crossed.

I could tell more,but too long.

Make sure that you install the telephone line filters as supplied and advised. Buy more if you have other 'phones in the house in other rooms.

Some say that it doesn't matter but in my experience helping to install a friend's Sky Broadband I wasted a lot of time.

Sky customer service is beyond rubbish. Spoke to them today (must be at least the fourth time I've had to ring them) to find out what time on Monday they'll be activating the phone and broadband and to see if I need to be at home. Spoke to a foreigner who I could barely understand, was on the phone for 16 minutes, they still had the wrong email address for me even though I've corrected it the last 3 times I spoke to them. They've charged me for the phone line as well this month even though I've only had Sky TV so far... I wish I'd never bothered. :shakes:

Archived