Anybody bought a car from The Car People

i bought a fiesta for the wife from there, it was 18 months old when i bought it with 8k on the clock, we sold it a year later for £500 more than we paid for it, really good choice of cars and very well priced, if you hagle a bit you will get a few £££ knocked of and 6 months tax

I wouldn’t bother personally. I bought an Audi from them with 32000 miles on it and spent an extra £350 on an extended warranty which covered everything except fair wear and tear items (this was sold as covering everything except the obvious things like clutches, exhausts and brakes etc).

Within 1000 miles (1 ½ months) of us driving out of the showroom the gearbox stated to play up. I had a right game getting the repair paid for. The warranty (third party company) put the failing gearbox down to fair wear and tear and The Car People didn’t want to know!

After lengthy arguments and threats to reject the car under the Sale of Goods act I got £700 of the £1000 bill paid. The customer service was shocking- they are brilliant when you are buying the car but the after sales is useless. It was made much worse by the fact that we spent a fortune on an extended warranty to cover that exact sort of thing.

I’m sure there are lots of people who have had brilliant experiences with them but I’m afraid the treatment we got was not the treatment that should be expected when you have just spent 10k on an Audi and a 3 year warranty.

Bought a car from there last year. It was raining when I picked it up so didnt notice there was a leak from water pump until the next day. Took it back and they fitted a brand new one with no argument. Also, don't accept the first figure they offer on part exchange - they will up it if they think the sale is not going to go through for the sake of 100 quid or so - had my offer raised by 150 in the end. Fully satisfied with them.

The VAT is included inthe screen price.

Personally I would never set foot in the place again. Their hand over process takes an hour and they try to sell you £1000's of pounds of extra's wasting loads of time.

They then don't want anything further to do with you once they've sold the car to you. They will call you up within two days of you collecting the car to ask if everything is ok. This is their way to get you saying that there is nothing wrong with the car and absolves them from any future liability.

Pretty much the same as any sales organisation - once the sale is done they wash their hands of you !

Bought the wifes from there. After sales was brill - had an intemittent fault and they had it in for the day and gave her a courtesy car. No problems when the fault finally manifested itself (dicky alternator).

Would agree that the handover leaves a lot to be desired but definately rate their salespeople... no pressure at all to buy

Within 1000 miles (1 ½ months) of us driving out of the showroom the gearbox stated to play up. I had a right game getting the repair paid for. The warranty (third party company) put the failing gearbox down to fair wear and tear and The Car People didn’t want to know!

After lengthy arguments and threats to reject the car under the Sale of Goods act I got £700 of the £1000 bill paid. ...... when you have just spent 10k on an Audi and a 3 year warranty.

Hi Dana.

Can i ask, why did you not take this through the small claims court for the full repair cost of £1000? You were covered by a warrenty and still paid £300 towards the repair.:huh: