Anybody bought a car from The Car People

Bought an (expensive) car from the Car People 2 weeks ago, all peachy til they had the money, then a small problem appeared and they didnt give a hoot... this little prob wouldn't have cost more than £20 to settle, but no joy...no return calls, and when i finally got talking to some jobsworth of a manager was politely told to p...off.

Not for me again, thats for sure...take your money to a main dealer, they're not much more expensive anyways..

As a sign of goodwill they should have sorted such a inexpensive problem for you free of charge but depending on the part they are under no obligation to do anything about it.

However for the sake of £20 you will not buy from there again and you will tell lots of other people.

As a sign of goodwill they should have sorted such a inexpensive problem for you free of charge but depending on the part they are under no obligation to do anything about it.

However for the sake of £20 you will not buy from there again and you will tell lots of other people.

I just think it's strange that someone's first post on here is on a 4 month old thread and it is a criticism of a company..if the thread had been on page one then fair enough but......just call me an old cynic eh?

I just think it's strange that someone's first post on here is on a 4 month old thread and it is a criticism of a company..if the thread had been on page one then fair enough but......just call me an old cynic eh?

I'm all for a little constructive cynicism, but I've no particular grudge, or axe to grind...fact is, I'm from the other side of the water, and am merely making anyone that's interested aware of my experience.

If one gets poor treatment, particularly after spending a sizeable wad of cash, then the offenders deserve to be highlighted...simples

I'm all for a little constructive cynicism, but I've no particular grudge, or axe to grind...fact is, I'm from the other side of the water, and am merely making anyone that's interested aware of my experience.

If one gets poor treatment, particularly after spending a sizeable wad of cash, then the offenders deserve to be highlighted...simples

That's fine..no problem... how did you find the thread..? It must have been well down the pages..just seems a peculiar one to step into for your first post..what do you mean by other side of the water? No offence meant by the way..

That's fine..no problem... how did you find the thread..? It must have been well down the pages..just seems a peculiar one to step into for your first post..what do you mean by other side of the water? No offence meant by the way..

Its true, was down a bit, but not THAT far...why bother?..just off the phone from the half-wit at Car people, and was pretty vexed..so did the only thing thats open to the 'little people' when they're shafted...get even :)...now I'm sure my little post won't make much difference, but hell, I've tried - these outfits that promise a wonderful 'customer experience' ..yeurgh...and fail to deliver really get on my tits.

From Cork, Southern Ireland by the way...