Mpg from my ford focus 1.6

Hiya Frank. I had a V reg with similar mileage. A tank would generally last a fortnight. That's a daily round trip from Carterknowle to Bradfield round the outside of the city plus whatever local weekend driving I did. Sounds similar to yours.

Hiya Frank. I had a V reg with similar mileage. A tank would generally last a fortnight. That's a daily round trip from Carterknowle to Bradfield round the outside of the city plus whatever local weekend driving I did. Sounds similar to yours.

cheers jack - I'm doing over a tank a week - work near Wath - last tank was £67! ouch.

the bugger is that my previous car was a 1.8 mondeo, great to drive nice and big, huge boot and the MPG was about the same - wish I'd bought another Mondy now

On a more serious note i drive a 2.8 litre celica supra and i'm lucky if i get more than 20mpg around town but then it's a GT car and really comes into it's own on the motorway where it can sometimes appear to be running on fresh air for all the fuel it uses.

my 10 yr old, 92 k on the clock, decent service history,1.6 petrol focus does 350 miles on a full tank - is that low? - it seems low to me and my petrol bill is killing me.

It will somewhat depend when you travel, the type of journeys made and on what type of roads. If you are travelling during rush hour your fuel economy will be lower due to the stop-start nature of the traffic. Travelling on roads that are hilly/bendy/lots of traffic lights/roundabouts etc will have a similar impact due to braking and accelerating. Lots of short journeys can also have an effect as fuel combustion is less efficient when the engine is cold. If I'm right in saying your fuel tank is around 55 litres capacity you are doing ~30mpg which in winter months isn't too bad for a petrol engine of that size. My diesel Mondeo is only doing ~36mpg currently. Hope that helps.

I had a 1999 S reg 1.6 Focus and used to average 80-90 miles per quarter tank so it's pretty normal. I had to be careful with the driving though as it liked to drink the fuel quickly if I was heavy with the right foot. I'm looking at downgrading to a 1.2 something with the way fuel prices are going though..

Archived