Carpark etc. to Practice driving?

Hey, I'm 18 and going to start driving lessons pretty soon.

Before my lessons though I want to at least practise starting a manual in a car park and changing up a gear.

Are there any good areas near S5? My mum thought of Northern General Hospital, or maybe Morrisons in ecclesfield

Before my lessons though I want to at least practise starting a manual in a car park and changing up a gear.

Are there any good areas near S5? My mum thought of Northern General Hospital, or maybe Morrisons in Atterclife.

I'd give the NGH a miss as its always going to be quite busy. There isn't a Morrisons at Attercliffe.

Are there any good areas near S5? My mum thought of Northern General Hospital, or maybe Morrisons in Atterclife.

You should practice parking in a car park.

Perhaps you should practice driving on your drive. ;)

You should practice parking in a car park.

Perhaps you should practice driving on your drive. ;)

Non humourous joke is non humourous ;)

I'd give the NGH a miss as its always going to be quite busy. There isn't a Morrisons at Attercliffe.

I mean ecclesfield xD

Dont do it. trust! For first time drivers its very easy to pick up bad habits and trust me you will get a feel for a car then get in a different one and it'll be harder even than never having done it before. I did things the way you say and I think it made it harder work and I think in the early stages of car control that most instructors would agree with me

I understand the technical way a car works + I'm going to be driving with my step-dad.

-Car in neutral+hand break on

-Turn on engine

-Clutch down, into first

-Hand break off

-Up to biting point and slowly accelerate.

There'll be no worries of sloppy technique just want to get it into my head the way I'll have to push the pedals

You could use the Meadowhall coach park for initial driving practise . However , if you want to pass your driving test as quickly and cheaply as possible you should not take lessons from your step-dad . Get a qualified driving instructor , listen to him /her and do as you are told . Do not tell any of your friends when you will be taking your test because you will put pressure (peer) on yourself .

Archived