Hairdressing Advice Needed!!

I neeeeeed some advice getting my hair lighter. At the moment, I'm a very dark brown, almost black colour (this is dyed) and I've had a change of heart and decided I want to be red. I know that I'll have to lighten my hair before I put the red hair dye on, so I've gone out and bought a hair lightener. Will this absolutely wreck my hair?

My hair right now is in really good condition, but I'm worried I'll do significant damage by putting a lightener on it then the red dye. Any advice? :)

I would go to a hair dresser. The black will need to be stripped out, and your hair lightened to go for a vivid red. This may take some time I wouldn't try it yourself. If you are wanting bright red, it only goes this colour if the hair underneath is really light, so will need bleaching? Be warned this look is very high maintainance bright red needs re colouring every couple weeks it fades very quickly

I would go to a hair dresser. The black will need to be stripped out, and your hair lightened to go for a vivid red. This may take some time I wouldn't try it yourself. If you are wanting bright red, it only goes this colour if the hair underneath is really light, so will need bleaching? Be warned this look is very high maintainance bright red needs re colouring every couple weeks it fades very quickly

thanks for the advise, u have helped me make up my mind. Think I'll stick to black :hihi:

If you are want to go red I'd go to the hairdresses. I once tried to go blonde from Red/brown. my hair all fell out after bleaching it 3 times as it wouldn't take. I know red is not as drastic, but I had to have my long locks all chopped and it ruined my hair. Have it done proffesionaly never mess with it yourself.

Good Luck

Archived