The Great Forum Stand-up

Speed Demon

or should that be betrayal

I organised an S12 meet-up last night at The Sherwood pub at Frecheville, between 7-8 pm

I had the thread up for 2 weeks but the thread did not gain any interest

I went last night to try my luck and stood around the main doors all night but nobody turned up

mind you, I probably went about it the wrong way, I should have posted it a lot sooner, I should have posted a picture of myself and what I would have been wearing on the night, but my mistake again

Just thought that if people were not going to turn up, they should have just said on the thread thanks but no thanks, I am not interested, instead of leaving me dry looking like a **** and not knowing what to do

Anyway, I tried my best to be sociable and to make friends on here but clearly it is the total opposite

Thanks a bunch...

Jason,

It's probably nothing personal. This time of year is not a great time for organising events, as lots of people got paid early before Christmas and won't get paid again until next week. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's watching the pennies at the moment.

As Ruby said, the central meets tend to attract more, but that's probably because they're easier to get to. Unless you live locally to S12, you'd probably need to catch at least two buses each way or get a taxi, and who wants to be doing that in this weather?

Archived