Mark 'Mozaz' Wallis - 1/08/65 - 23/01/11

he painted the flat we provided him with black as well - it was like a cave and the manager went ballistic - how old was he? 45 or something ?

the title says born 65 so nearly 46?

yeah few years older than me, but still, far too young

he painted the flat we provided him with black as well - it was like a cave and the manager went ballistic - how old was he? 45 or something ?

he was about eighteen months younger than me, he'd have been 46 in August.

Yes, he could be a pain in the backside, but as others have said, in a good way generally. His way was to provoke you into thinking outside the box.

yes he was 45 .. when i went in the place after he left i had never seen anything like it before. the song paint it black comes to mind at the moment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. He was 45 but he always said he'd never see much past 40!

I have to ask, does anyone know how he came to be known as Mozaz? The story I heard was that he had a friend called Jesus so he changed his name to Mozaz!

It will be down to me and his other close mates (if we get our own way) to make the arrangements. We know exactly what he wanted - he told me about 8 months ago! It will be far from conventional but will be the right thing for him. I shall let people know as and when ok.

he was about eighteen months younger than me, he'd have been 46 in August.

Yes, he could be a pain in the backside, but as others have said, in a good way generally. His way was to provoke you into thinking outside the box.

it was also for the pure pleasure he took in being a wind up merchant - those who worked with him all those years ago were divided, he and I liked each other, we were politically similar and I admired his spirit and intellect - others (especially the ones less intelligent than him) couldn't stand him.

was he happy in the last few years , what was he up to?

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. He was 45 but he always said he'd never see much past 40!

I have to ask, does anyone know how he came to be known as Mozaz? The story I heard was that he had a friend called Jesus so he changed his name to Mozaz!

It will be down to me and his other close mates (if we get our own way) to make the arrangements. We know exactly what he wanted - he told me about 8 months ago! It will be far from conventional but will be the right thing for him. I shall let people know as and when ok.

yeah i dont know why or how but yeah some of the sheff anarchists changed their names, i knew mozaz and jesus, no idea if theres any more

when i knew him, he called himself jesus or 'quasi' sometimes - he'd had stick since childhood for his looks and responded by calling himself the same name

It's good that you know his wishes as-per a funeral. Please do keep us posted.

I'm not sure where the monicker Mozaz came from, but I do remember that about 20 years ago he was writing his poetry as "Mozaz Deep-3" if that gives any clues? (Afraid it doesn't to me :()

Archived