Probably The Best Curry Recipe in the World?

Joy Division

I treked high, I treked low, I treked to the left, I treked to the right - alas that curry I had in India last year was too difficult to find in sunny sheffield.

Sharwoods, Pataks, own label and some unknown label - they all came and went and I just saw my money spent.

Then after just about giving up hope, a product at the end of the long long rope: I was recommended a curry spice mix at GHM Ecclesall Market on Eccy road - finally a curry worth writing about: I picked up this recipe from their website, only took 25mins to cook and about 250 calories! - fab

Ingredients

Mrs Shah’s Curry Mix

4 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon lemon juice

2 Medium onions , chopped

1 garlic clove , chopped

1 tin boiled chickpeas

2 tins boiled kidney beans

400g can chopped tomatoes

1/2 bunch Chopped coriander

Heat the oil in a deep pan on medium/high and fry the onions and garlic for about 5 mins until the onions are golden brown. Add Mrs Shah’s Curry Mix and salt and stir-fry for 1-2 mins, then tip in the chopped tomatoes. Stir for 1 minute.

Add in the chickpeas and kidney beans (drained and washed) and stir in. Add the lemon juice and coriander (save some to sprinkle on top of the curry at the end). Simmer on medium heat for approx 10 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.

Add freshly boiled water until beans are covered and stir in. leave on medium/high heat for approx 10 minutes and stir occasionally to avoid burning. Turn off until you have the desired sauce consistency (you can add more water if the sauce has gone too thick)

Sprinkle the remaining coriander on top and serve with plain basmati rice and/or naan.

p.s visit http://www.mrsshah.co.uk for other recipes

p.p.s the curry is a lot better than my rhyming skills

Archived