Is it time to stop issuing new driving licences?

Stop letting more and more people into the country and then letting them on the roads.

I suspect if I asked you how many newly-arrived immigrants had UK driving licences or owned a car you wouldn't have a clue! :suspect:

Take cars away from all people who drive illegally, uninsured etc.

The police already have the power to seize uninsured vehicles.

How 'illegally' are you talking about? Speeding? With nearly 2 million speeding convictions per year that is a hell of a lot of cars to seize! And what on earth are you going to do with them all?

Don't let people who don't want to work and are on benefits, have cars.

So how do you tell the difference? And what do you do when you have?

My sister is currently between jobs and is on benefit. Who decides whether she can keep her car or not and how are they going to take it off her?

And how is she going to get a job again without one?

It's a luxury that should only be had by people that are willing to pay for it out of their own money.

Benefit money is their money. That is why they are allowed to spend it on what they like!

You really haven't thought any of this out, have you??? :roll:

So what do you propose?

Easy!

Just make retests compulsory every 10 years.Crap drivers and conjestion gone,and not only that,they will KNOW they are crap!

At the same time stiffen the driving test,from looking at drivers on the roads anyone with half a brain cell can manage scrape through as it is.

Crap drivers used to be inexperienced drivers but not any more they come at all ages and targeting drivers just because of their age isnt on.I bet more old people cause accidents than young people so why not target them?My old neightbour comes back with a new dent everytime she goes out.Another over the road cant even get out of the drive without scraping the car up the house wall,yet these people are on our roads quite legally.

Stop letting more and more people into the country and then letting them on the roads. Remove every last one that is here illegally and tighten up on who's allowed in.

Don't let people who don't want to work and are on benefits, have cars. It's a luxury that should only be had by people that are willing to pay for it out of their own money.

They already take vehicles that are being used illegally!

You mean the money they may have saved while they worked all their lifes but now find themselfs made redundant and unable to find a job?

Some people talk utter bol...........................

Stop letting more and more people into the country and then letting them on the roads. Remove every last one that is here illegally and tighten up on who's allowed in.

Don't let people who don't want to work and are on benefits, have cars. It's a luxury that should only be had by people that are willing to pay for it out of their own money.

Very good point.

Archived