A car with no insurance

then when they get the insurance cert, they tax the car and then cancel the insurance....right scam!!

Which shows up on the database of uninsured vehicles, which are then picked up with ANPR cameras/DVLA spot checks etc:thumbsup:.

Theres a car that parks on our road and i know its not insured. Is there anyone i can report it to?

Do i have to ring the police or is there another department that deals with this kind of thing?

There is a dedicated line FREEPHONE just for the purpose.:cool:

DVLA Freephone Hot Line 0800 03 25 202

Yes this is true but what people have been doing is insuring the car, paying monthly and then when they get the insurance cert, they tax the car and then cancel the insurance....right scam!!

That scam doesn't work, when plod checks the insurance database the cancellation shows up.

That scam doesn't work, when plod checks the insurance database the cancellation shows up.

It does more than that. When the insurance company notifies DVLA that a policy has been cancelled it alerts them to the situation that there is potentially an uninsured vehicle around. Better still it takes away the standard defence that "I just forgot to renew".

Straight to the crusher.

Archived