Butlins Skegness - Anyone been?

Butlins is great for the kids! I took my oldest (hes 3 now) when he was 18 months old. He loved it. loads to do and free!! They have loads of kids entertainment on in the day, they have the pool with slides etc where you can go in as many times as you like, there's the rides (made for kiddies) theres the arcade, theres places to eat burger king etc (obviously this aint free) but they also do half board and stuff. We had this we had breakfast and evening meal. There was always a great variety to chose from and its also all you can eat so go back as many times as you like. They also have loads of different evening entertainment on for adults and kiddies. so you get to chose where you want to go. You can also have your photo taken with Bob the builder, fifi, skyline gang etc. Also close to Skegness, Ingomells etc. They have a spa aswell on site, crazy golf shops.

I'm pretty sure kids would love it. Choose your accommodation carefully, have a word with them, because it's quite a trek to the outskirts of the accommodation, especially with 1 and 3 year old in tow, if they place you there. The kids will probably like the mealtimes and the self-service, but if you're a bit choosy, as an adult, you might be pretty disappointed with the food, we were - so consider your catering options. And, be warned, we had 3 different mobile networks between us and not one of them worked there.

I agree... we went cheap and cheerful the first time, the kids had fun but it was a bit basic, pay a bit more, get a nicer room and upgrade your food.. Still they were both fab holidays, the kids loved it and if you are like me you will get tremendous pleasure from them having a good time. Read the guides, plan your days, there is LOADS to do and I'm going back this year!

• 2 months later...
Just wondering if anyone knows how much spending money is needed for a week In butlins. 2 adults and a 3 year old and a 1year old. Thanks

you need to talk to corkerswfc, he's an expert on butlins at skeggy, i think he's there this week, he'll let you know what you want to know im sure

yeah he would help you blonde but he is away at the moment and not sure when he gets back...probably for this weekend footy no doubt - cant see him missing a home game for nothing lol.

Have a fab time chick when you go xx

Thanks guys don't go till next month just wanted a rough idea of how much we will need. I've searched the web and people have put £800 for a week :o which I think is steep to say my kids are too young to do alot of the activities you have to pay for such as archery and bowling. Hopefully CorkerSWFC will comment when back

Thanks guys don't go till next month just wanted a rough idea of how much we will need. I've searched the web and people have put £800 for a week :o which I think is steep to say my kids are too young to do alot of the activities you have to pay for such as archery and bowling. Hopefully CorkerSWFC will comment when back

£800 is a bit steep...see what he says when he gets back hun.

It depends what you plan to do. If you don't eat out you'll save a bit. The pool is free IIRC but the lazerquest isn't (I think its only £3 per person though) and you'll always need cash for the arcades. The on-site pub was fairly reasonable prices too.

I went year before last and had a really good time. But it seemed a lot of money when you factor it all in though.

It depends what you plan to do. If you don't eat out you'll save a bit. The pool is free IIRC but the lazerquest isn't (I think its only £3 per person though) and you'll always need cash for the arcades. The on-site pub was fairly reasonable prices too.

I went year before last and had a really good time. But it seemed a lot of money when you factor it all in though.

Well the kids are too young for the laser thing and most of the other costy activities. We are going self catering so will probably eat out a couple of times during the 7 days including lunches. Both kids drink out of their own plastic trainer cups so just drink for us in the evening but neither of us adults are big drinkers so I doubt that will cost us a fortune either

I can't say about the kids aspect of the place but myself and a friend went there for an event that they were holding. When we got ther they told us that there was a booking error and our room was double-booked and the other party had already checked in. However they had already decided that the last to check in would be given an alternative and we ended up in the VIP chalets (well they were designated that for the event because all the performers were staying in that section) We were also give VIP All-access passes for the event.

So for me thumbs up to the management for being on the ball when issues occur.

Archived