How much board do you charge?

what happened to the other 80p?

heh that clearly dates when Dozy was living at home.

Remember that the pound used to have twenty shillings and twelve pence in a shilling before 1971... I suspect that someone meant either paying 5/-/- in board, or paying 2/10/- in board and 2/10/- into the post office.

Am I right Dozy?

I'm 20 in full time education but live at home and pay my mum £25 a week. So for someone to moan at paying £20 a week when they have a full time job is tbh a bit ridiculous! I don't mind paying that as it would have cost about £100 a week to move out when I went to uni and I just didn't have those kinds of resources available.

£20 a week for someone who works full time is very cheap if you ask me!

heh that clearly dates when Dozy was living at home.

Remember that the pound used to have twenty shillings and twelve pence in a shilling before 1971... I suspect that someone meant either paying 5/-/- in board, or paying 2/10/- in board and 2/10/- into the post office.

Am I right Dozy?

Yes, indeedy! I just forgot to put the "0" at the end!!

I'm glad somebody else can remember £ s d!!!

I dont charge my lass any board, shes 20 and works part time. When my eldest lad was at home i started takin £7 a week off him but gave him more than 5 times that back with him cadging constantly :hihi:

When i was at home i got £19 dole and my mam took a tenner of it

Let the young earn their money and keep it all themselves. Once you get a partner or children at least you enjoyed your teens.

Sorry, but I really can't agree that letting your children freeload off you does them any good at all.

Children need to learn about money, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

If parents did teach their children how to deal with money - how to budget, how to save and that everything in life isn't free, then we wouldn't end up with TV programmes like "The Bank of Mum and Dad", where you have what are supposed to be grown adults still depending on their parents to bail them out every time they get in a financial fix.

Sorry, but I really can't agree that letting your children freeload off you does them any good at all.

Children need to learn about money, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

If parents did teach their children how to deal with money - how to budget, how to save and that everything in life isn't free, then we wouldn't end up with TV programmes like "The Bank of Mum and Dad", where you have what are supposed to be grown adults still depending on their parents to bail them out every time they get in a financial fix.

I honestly think that skills such as this should be taught in school. along with stuff like how to understand a wage slip, fill in a tax form, apply for insurance, what a mortgage is and how to get one, how to run a bank account and other practical stuff you'll actually need to know in life.

I honestly think that skills such as this should be taught in school. along with stuff like how to understand a wage slip, fill in a tax form, apply for insurance, what a mortgage is and how to get one, how to run a bank account and other practical stuff you'll actually need to know in life.

good post;)

couldn't agree more

Archived