How much board do you charge?

Appreciate that. Our younger daughter is on Job Seekers at the moment and we don't charge her anything .. In fact .. we have only just started to charge our elder daughter who is 22 (23 in April) board and I thought it quite fair to ask for £20 a week as she is working full time.

She seems to think that this is totally unfair of us .. and the blummin fight I have to get it off her. I have told her that if I have to ask, she will pay me £25 a week .. if she offers me, then it's £20.

We're hoping she moves out soon. lol

I would be if she was mine! I think she's got a cheek complaining and that you're being extremely generous.

Back in the early 00's when I lived at home I gave my Mum £150 a month board. So that was roughly £30 a week based on a five week month. I was working though, if not she probably wouldn't have taken that much off me.

Roughly same here. when I left college, they gits charged me £15 pw, then when I started work it was 30pw. Then the commotion with the fone bill, so I had to contribute £10 to each of the untility bills. Then I was sodding daft enough to tell family of every pay rise I got, so the board went up. I think my mum would make a better colition Chancillor.

I honestly think that skills such as this should be taught in school. along with stuff like how to understand a wage slip, fill in a tax form, apply for insurance, what a mortgage is and how to get one, how to run a bank account and other practical stuff you'll actually need to know in life.

Abso-bloody-lutely!!

With a special module on interest rates, so they don't end up running up appalling debts on credit cards or buying stuff from those shops that charge you a ridiculous rate of interest, but tempt you in by saying it'll only cost you £3.45 a week!

Roughly same here. when I left college, they gits charged me £15 pw, then when I started work it was 30pw. Then the commotion with the fone bill, so I had to contribute £10 to each of the untility bills. Then I was sodding daft enough to tell family of every pay rise I got, so the board went up. I think my mum would make a better colition Chancillor.

Love it!!! :hihi:

And, presuming you've now left home, do you pay out less every week than you gave your mum??

My parents never charged anything I would offer they would decline so I would buy things for the house etc instead.My brothers pay around £300 per month each towards the bills.

I think charging children teaches them about money management and besides once your in the real world it will stand you in good stead. £20 will buy you around 1 Mac blusher lol.

In the real world we must consider the mortgage,Council tax,utilities,Groceries etc. My monthly expenses are around £1300 including all the above plus baby things clothes petrol etc etc.

Love it!!! :hihi:

And, presuming you've now left home, do you pay out less every week than you gave your mum??

Speaking like a politician who has no idea about ecconomics. In real terms, taking into account inflation and cost of living rises against the coefficient curve of the devaluation of money, which includes my petro guzzling car.

I'de say living in my own place or with the parents is comparable to catching the bus or using a car. One is expsensive, but all freedom has its price.

Come to think of it, I probably could run a car on what I used to pay mummy in bored? :confused:

Archived