Kashmiri Aroma - Woodseats

samp

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've been there on a weekend night (and very nice it was too) - just wondered if anyone had tried their buffet.

I think they operate a buffet on a Sunday and Monday, but have no idea if it's up there with the same quality as their normal menu

Anyone been??

Cheers

Stuart

I have been there on the buffet night but not actually had it. It is a small buffet probably a choice of four or five mains, rice, nan and a fruit salad dessert. There was a starter. It was not quite what I expected, the quality was good but I thought it might be an opportunity to try a lot of the dishes. I just went from the main menu in the end which you can still order from.

I went a week after they opened when they should have been trying hard to please....the buffet was small, awful and boring. All the help yourself bowls were virtually empty - much like the restaurant - and the naan we ordered never appeared and was just crossed off the bill with no other explanation. Dilshad is miles better. For take aways I think you can't beat Takdir - consistantly good every time for years now....and I originate from very near Brick Lane (brought up on curry and very fussy!) where Indian and bangladeshi restaurants are more common than Blades and Owls fans up here!

well we went tonight... loved it

yes the buffet isn't the largest but its still prety decent, 3 salads, 4 starters, 2 chicken mains, 2 lamb mains, 2 veggie mains plus rice, fresh naans served with mains

The lamb chop starters were really tasty and moist while still having a nice charring to them.

The lamb hyderabadi and lamb massala were just delicious and melted in the mouth.

Chilli Chicken Balti was suitably pungent without being TOO hot!

Overall quite possibly one of the best Indian Buffet I have been to, in terms of quality of the food, heartily recommended!

Stu

The Buffet is very good value for money, and the food excellant, the best place to go by far in the area. What Tony s8 is on about is anyone`s guess, but deffo does`nt know his curries, if he wants a curry whats ok for the average drunken bloke and tastes the same as the next person, then carry on going to the gulshan or their jewel in the palace " HaHa" Viraj. Just look at what the Star`s food critic had to say about the Viraj a couple of weeks ago.

went for first time a couple of weeks ago and we are going back on sun, there isnt as much choice as other all you can eat buffets but the food they do offer is very very nice and the salad is very fresh

worth a visit:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived