Kashmiri Aroma - Woodseats

samp

Fantastic food, especially their fish dishes (which I wouldn't normally consider eating as a curry).

There's the added bonus in that they sell 'rocket fuel' Cobra bottled beer, not your average run-of-the-mill stuff: this has a strength of around 8%, comes in a large bottle and costs about £6 a go. You don't need many, mind!

I plan to visit again, soon.

Went last week. Food offering very similar to Aagrah in City Centre. I personally thought the food was slightly above average and certainly not as good as the Aagrah. The service wasn't too good, they were trying to clear our table before we even finished a course. The bar area is a nice touch, but for me the beer a bit warm. I will try again in the future as my step daughter raves about this place and goes a couple of times a month, maybe they were just having an off day.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last night and thought the service and food were excellent.

Very classy inside with comfy chairs and linen tablecloths & napkins, plenty of space between tables.

Lahore machli (spicy fried haddock) was excellent . Light , spicy and juicy fish with a spicy green salsa and salad and a generous portion for the price.

My wife had king scallops off their separate seafood menu , 6 very plump ones and much cheaper than you would pay in an English restaurant.

Then king prawn achai, veg biriani (with veg curry made as spicy as I like it) and a veg thali (for my son) with good nan and chapati.

All very tasty , not too oily or salty. Too much food and the leftovers in my fridge for tonight!

Good sweet lassi too.

Better even than our usual favourite (akbars) and much better than aagrah.

Not cheap but the Manager gave us a discount card too which gets 15% off .

Archived