People should have their council tax bands revalued to make them pay more

chem1st

Perhaps Council tax should be scrapped and replaced by additional income tax?

Everybody uses the services councils provide. That way everybody would pay. - Not just somebody who has his/her name on a property deed/rental agreement.

Perhaps some of the things which are currently paid for from Council tax (such as waste collection) should be billed separately on a 'per usage' charge?

'Let the polluter pay'.

Bear in mind that tenants will have to stump up as well.

Granted, and I would be paying more myself, but it is an issue of fairness. And it is only fair I and many others should be paying more.

Increase council tax via council tax re-banding now!

Granted, and I would be paying more myself, but it is an issue of fairness. And it is only fair I and many others should be paying more.

Increase council tax via council tax re-banding now!

I presume you don't live in a big house with high value then?

A lot of people have worked hard to pay off mortgages before they retire, so you're asking them to pay a higher band of tax for their home when their income may have halved?

What about families that have larger / more expensive houses to accommodate their children, but may have only one income coming in? They forgo other luxuries - holidays, expensive food, private transport to make sure they are comfortable in a property.

The council would reap more by asking for a personal tax on total household income rather than the value of a home.

Preferably there should be no rise at all when a lot of people are now suffering from job losses.

...whatever you are snorting or smoking you need to stop now.

you really serious with this one?

People are losing jobs.... everything from VAT to travel costs has shot up and people cant afford to pay their essential bills and you want to increase council tax???

Get a grip.

Archived