Egypyt Bware of being conned

Could be a fully fledged popular uprising again.

It's typical, you wait two decades for popular uprisings against the autocrats accross north Africa and the middle east ... and then three come along at once.

and, this time the revolution is televised.:headbang:

We returned from our second trip to Hurgardah on tuesday. We had a fantastic holiday and hopefully will be going back again next winter. Although you do get hassled we find a firm "no thank you" with a smile is enough.

We paid 40 LE for a paper but that was our choice no one ripped us off. By the way they were always yesterdays:)

As a rule the people are nice and we tipped a lot cos what was nothing to us on holiday meant the world to them.

I hope the trouble is over quickly without too many people getting hurt.

We returned from our second trip to Hurgardah on tuesday. We had a fantastic holiday and hopefully will be going back again next winter. Although you do get hassled we find a firm "no thank you" with a smile is enough.

We paid 40 LE for a paper but that was our choice no one ripped us off. By the way they were always yesterdays:)

As a rule the people are nice and we tipped a lot cos what was nothing to us on holiday meant the world to them.

I hope the trouble is over quickly without too many people getting hurt.

We also go to Hurghada next time in May. We have been going for the last

12 yrs. The difference in 12 yrs is amazing ! Sometimes not for the better.

When we first started going I too was very wary, but now we go back to the same hotel as we are looked after. 12 yrs ago , they didnt have DVDs and Hurghada was mutch smaller,the tourist industry has boomed there, thankfully for the people to keep them in jobs.

The thing I do disagree with is they are building loads of apartments for Europeans, not Egyptians, even if they have the money to buy they are told

that they cannot.

We have made many friends there and have visited their homes, always proud

of what they have. They rely on the tourist industry so everyone wants to sell you something no matter what it is.

Hope it doesnt put everyone off as there are good and bad everywhere,and cant wait for May !

Archived