Self employed business owners

Is anyone on here self employed and have you seen your business suffer since the coalition goverment come in. Our business did better last year when we were in a recession. Since this shower have been costing jobs left right and centre, our business has but almost dried up. Anyone else noticed this

If you price yourself at the right numbers, there is always people spending money, yes the lower class are skint but they always were. the middle/upper class who save for a rainey day will always look out for bargains in hard times like this

Or as my Mum puts it Danny, that people get fed up saving up for the rainy day and decide treat themselves anyway. My Business is holiday rentals here in UK and abroad. The apt abroad has more bookings than the boat here in UK. I know from the web site that I and most baot companies are on, that the whole business has been badly affected. It is down to being able to ride the storm, but this govt really is going to ruin a lot of business. Also what we have to hope is that poeple who get a redundancy package, treat themselves.

Problem is Suziface the jobs created by New Labour were non jobs and so were never going to be sustainable in the long term

Your business is a luxury type of business, so requires people who have lots of spare cash.

The businesses that will survive in the next few years will be the bottom end, cheap goods, poundland, bargain basement shops etc.... the economy will build on these foundations.

It may take many years, but your business will develop in the long term after the foundations have been laid by the small/cheap businesses

Thing is Sues, our business has been with the boat for 4yrs, so we had a good start, just this recession which I personally never thought we were out of, has done damage. BUT onwards and upwards, my new year motto is be hopeful.

Thing is Sues, our business has been with the boat for 4yrs, so we had a good start, just this recession which I personally never thought we were out of, has done damage. BUT onwards and upwards, my new year motto is be hopeful.

The job losses are only just beginning.

This whole thing is just in the early stages, I reckon things will improve but it will take at least 5 years.

The small business as they grow should help create the recovery.

There was alot of press last year regarding inland boating on canals with the closure of several waterways.

You may find that as people stay at home instead of going abroad you will get enquiries. With all the flight chaos who wants the hassle.

The best self employed job is taxi driving as these guys earn less than £6,000 per year yet go on holiday abroad for two months and own newly modernised £150,000 houses.

Is anyone on here self employed and have you seen your business suffer since the coalition goverment come in. Our business did better last year when we were in a recession. Since this shower have been costing jobs left right and centre, our business has but almost dried up. Anyone else noticed this
I have been self employed for over 30 years and it is always the same thing labour spend the money tories cut the money and blame labour for the state of things you have to adapt to it if you are selling the right thing at the right time at the right

price you will always do o/k if not move onto something else .no mater who is in power they are all the same trust me,

I have been self employed for over 30 years and it is always the same thing labour spend the money tories cut the money and blame labour for the state of things you have to adapt to it if you are selling the right thing at the right time at the right

price you will always do o/k if not move onto something else .no mater who is in power they are all the same trust me,

Hi Tom I know we have had recessions in the past and things always come back round, I intend to hang on as long as I can as we have spent so much money on the boat, last year was a slow start but turned out to be the best summer ever, so lets hope those that have dosh fancy a canal trip

Archived