Brightside/ Wincobank Pubs

Frayava

As far as i know the railway on hollywell is still open,my hubby goes in friday nights and he says its still open.

Supposed to have just closed a couple of days ago. Used to go in there a lot myself around five years ago so possibly know your hubby

Originally Posted by Frayava

So in an area ranging from Lower wincobank, up through Shiregreen, over to Brightside as far as I can see there are:

Crown, Sheffield Arms, Wincobank Hotel, Shiregreen WMC,Railway (Wincobank) Sportsman, Pheasant Lane Top, Wharncliffe open.

Any others???

With the number of people living in this massive area it must be hard work getting served on a Saturday night!

The crown closed over a year ago

So in an area ranging from Lower wincobank, up through Shiregreen, over to Brightside as far as I can see there are:

Crown, Sheffield Arms, Wincobank Hotel, Shiregreen WMC,Railway (Wincobank) Sportsman, Pheasant Lane Top, Wharncliffe open.

Any others???

With the number of people living in this massive area it must be hard work getting served on a Saturday night!

The crown closed over a year ago

The Railway on Hollywell Road HAS NOT CLOSED. I can 100% guarantee this as its my fathers pub, he has been ill but throughout this has been fully open.

Which Railway do you mean? I understand the one on Holywell has closed as Stuart, the landlord, has had a minor heart attack and was looking to get out anyway

Which Railway do you mean? I understand the one on Holywell has closed as Stuart, the landlord, has had a minor heart attack and was looking to get out anyway

old stuart has a heart? i know the lad that put the sinatra portrait on his back.

seriously tho,i hope he recovers.

Archived