Brightside/ Wincobank Pubs

Frayava

Back in the day, I would walk down to the Rising Sun on Jenkin, then along to the Railway, down to the Black Swan and the Crown, one more at the Bridge then like a lazy person grab a cab up to the Forum on Sansdtone Road for last orders.

The Swan and the Bridge are completely gone. Sun closed long ago. I have just heard that the Forum and Railway closed this week which leaves the Crown... which has been up for sale for ages.

Given the cachment area what on earth do people do around there for a drink nowadays, Does everyone sit in with their tinnies and wine or is there a mass exodus on Fridays / Saturdays to someplace else?

It is so sad to hear of such a mass closure in an area which previously supported six pubs and now down to one.

it was the white swan i used to play darts there for the yorkshire

engine .co

Loved the Forum years ago when Ken & Kitty Yates had it,Marty Caine used to do sandwiches in there!Went down to Bridge Inn then great pint of Wards and a superb old type landlord George Powell.

Can anyone remember Pheasant on Meadowhall Rd John Smiths house? Went to games night there,played first round of dominoes at 1.45 in the morning,had presentation at 5 o clock .

Loved the Forum years ago when Ken & Kitty Yates had it,Marty Caine used to do sandwiches in there!Went down to Bridge Inn then great pint of Wards and a superb old type landlord George Powell.

Can anyone remember Pheasant on Meadowhall Rd John Smiths house? Went to games night there,played first round of dominoes at 1.45 in the morning,had presentation at 5 o clock .

Wasnt George the landlord in the Railway at Brightside? I believe he suffered a broken leg in a prank that went wrong. One of the lads jokingly kneed him in the back of his legs and he fell awkwardly

Archived