Brightside/ Wincobank Pubs

Frayava

Wasnt George the landlord in the Railway at Brightside? I believe he suffered a broken leg in a prank that went wrong. One of the lads jokingly kneed him in the back of his legs and he fell awkwardly

No George and Elsie Powell were the Hosts at the Bridge,their son Mick was a manager at Roxys.George used to be the coalman round Wincobank and Brightside before taking the pub.Used to have some good friends in there Danek,Johnny Steer,Bob Winslade,Ian and Phil ?Mickey Hunt,Mick Smith.

Howard Gregory Glen Gregory's father from Heaven 17 who once brought Tina Turner into the pub or so the story goes!!

LOL yeah hes on the mend having to take things easy now. Yeah it was Steve who did his Tattoo of old Franky boy

old stuart has a heart? i know the lad that put the sinatra portrait on his back.

seriously tho,i hope he recovers.

No George and Elsie Powell were the Hosts at the Bridge,their son Mick was a manager at Roxys.George used to be the coalman round Wincobank and Brightside before taking the pub.Used to have some good friends in there Danek,Johnny Steer,Bob Winslade,Ian and Phil ?Mickey Hunt,Mick Smith.

Howard Gregory Glen Gregory's father from Heaven 17 who once brought Tina Turner into the pub or so the story goes!!

JonJo is still plodding on ..... sits with us down at the Lane.

It's not so many years ago when folk in Brightside used to spend their Saturday nights... 'going for a walk round t'village'... which meant a pint in every pub and back for last orders at the one they started off from . Even with all those afore mentioned pubs there was enough trade for all those landlords to make a decent living out of them ......and the community spirit was alive and kicking .

George was one in a million could always get a few beers on wednesday and settle up on payday:thumbsup:

George was one in a million could always get a few beers on wednesday and settle up on payday:thumbsup:

never knew that i played darts there in the carbrook league he always said me and my brother was the most sarcastic buggers in the pub your cousin brian used to go in there as welll

never knew that i played darts there in the carbrook league he always said me and my brother was the most sarcastic buggers in the pub your cousin brian used to go in there as welll

I was a regular in the 80"s when I lived on Forthill road ? you got about a bit in them days,its a wonder our paths dint cross I played darts in the forum but was not very good.always had me on doubles not good enough for 501:hihi:

I was a regular in the 80"s when I lived on Forthill road ? you got about a bit in them days,its a wonder our paths dint cross I played darts in the forum but was not very good.always had me on doubles not good enough for 501:hihi:

played at the forum many a time used to have a go spot te ball tickets won 4 out of 5 did not have a go on the5 one else thy mite have said it was a fiddle

Archived