Brightside/ Wincobank Pubs

Frayava

Loved the Forum years ago when Ken & Kitty Yates had it,Marty Caine used to do sandwiches in there!Went down to Bridge Inn then great pint of Wards and a superb old type landlord George Powell.

Can anyone remember Pheasant on Meadowhall Rd John Smiths house? Went to games night there,played first round of dominoes at 1.45 in the morning,had presentation at 5 o clock .

I used to go in the Pheasant on a regular basis when I was an apprentice fitter at Howell & Co. across the road, a lovely pint of Smiths as I recall. I was also a regular at The Fox and Grapes about 50 yards from the Pheasant, Tennants house I think - Harvey was the landlord, Marrian the Landlady.

Guest makapaka

I remember Jack having the railway in the late nineties and then Adrian and Sue. Adrians dead now sadly.

It was great back then. Sad that its closed now.

My Ex Mother in law lived in Wincobank....Barbara Gilbert if anyone remembers her. She worked at the Steel works there, Arthur something....Can't think of the name :(
eyup missy owd bird, that would be arthur lees steelworks, my grandad also worked there

No George and Elsie Powell were the Hosts at the Bridge,their son Mick was a manager at Roxys.George used to be the coalman round Wincobank and Brightside before taking the pub.Used to have some good friends in there Danek,Johnny Steer,Bob Winslade,Ian and Phil ?Mickey Hunt,Mick Smith.

Howard Gregory Glen Gregory's father from Heaven 17 who once brought Tina Turner into the pub or so the story goes!!

George was my mum's cousin, I had been told he used to be a coalman. Any idea what year? I presume he is dead now but does anyone know what hapened to his son? When did the Bridge close?

Archived