Brightside/ Wincobank Pubs

Frayava

Hi

George was my uncle and he delivered coal up until around 1966 when he bought the Bridge Inn.

Mike, his son was the manager of the Fiesta and then Roxys, he died in his early 40's around 1993.

George and Elsie retired from the pub in the mid 80's and lived in a bungalow on Bellhouse Road. George died about 5 years ago aged 83, Elsie died 2 years before him.

sorry to heear about george he was a good friend i played darts at the pub for years

sorry to heear about george he was a good friend i played darts at the pub for years

YES George was a good honest bloke! last saw him in rotherham he gave my son a pound in his pushchair the lads 21 now RIP MATE.

• 8 months later...

Hi Dave, I passed the Railway on Christmas Eve, there was a For Sale sign up and all the windows have what looks like Newspaper up to all the windows. Its been like that for some weeks!. Pity, used to be a great pub, it was my local when I used to live on Newman Road in the late 50s early 60s, when Sam Crapper was the Landlord, ( he kept the best pint of Magnet in the area !.)

Archived