Dore village school in the 50s

katrine

Is there anyone out there who was at Dore school in the 50s? I left Sheffield when I was eleven so have lost contact with old friends.

I remember the big oak tree in the playground and the names of all the teachers when I was there - Mrs Partridge, Mrs Wilkes, Miss Wood, Miss Palmer (used to shout a lot!) and Miss Davis. The headmaster, Mr Wright, smoked a pipe and his office was up a ladder in the loft.

My "best friends" were Vivienne Bell who lived at 2 Leyfield Rd (her Dad had the electrical shop in the village) and Hillary Speakman. I can also remember Ilex Crawshaw, Patricia Taylor, Pauline Johnson, Peter Coggins, David Eagers, Peter Jackson, Robert Shaw, Roger Maxwell.

I tried Friends Reunited a while back with no luck so if anyone knows what became of any of the above I would be interested to hear please.

Thank you so much Tom Tom . I have had a look at Dore village society and will be contacting Dorne Coggins (who may well be related to the Peter Coggins I knew at school). I lived at Fairthorne Children's Convalescent Home (run by my parents) during the 50s. Have found out from the forum that it has probably been demolished and redeveloped by now which is rather sad. I have a lot of happy memories of Fairthorne and Dore and may be able to make some contribution to the village society archives. All the best!(as they say in Sheffield!)

• 4 months later...

Archived