Hat prejudice - the shift in cultural values.

Seriously though, no one wears proper hats these days, its all baseball caps and beanie hats.

I agree, I think it's disgusting how the yoof of today don't embrace bowlers, top hats and deerstalkers!!!

Also, what's with all this BMX and mountain bike nonsense? I blame the parents for not helping them choose a penny farthing!!!

When I was a student and when I wore formal wear for work I used to wear hats a lot of the time, complete with an array of really quite formidable hat pins.

These days it's sun hats and waterproof waxed cotton ones only though :(

And the Mod hat! Don't forget that! :D

I'll er, just be getting my coat.

I love hats too, in Bakewell last week I bought a large straw hat the brim of one side was pinned back with a lovely pink flower, I also bought a nice white straw hat which had a white scarf round it and tied in a bow

It seems there's a narrow band of conformity about the whole hat issue. Perhaps there are many people who'd wear something less mundane and nondescript than a baseball cap or a beanie if it wasn't for the inevitable mockery from their peers. It's a shame that individuality isn't encouraged and celebrated very much. I've always wanted to wear a fez but lack the courage of my convictions.

Archived