How do the traveller community sustain themselves financialy?

In other words, what do gypsies do for money? this is not a troll thread, its a serious question.

Surely they don't ALL run mobile fairgrounds; someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't do regular jobs - are any of your colleagues travellers? thought not.

Are they self employed with some sort of trade?

Have you tried Companies House? :hihi:

What? They pretend it's a laptop? Again, if someone buys a laptop without opening the bag and checking it functions they are an utter div.

I agree! It's stupid and greedy to buy a laptop from the back of a van but it's also a crime to pass off bottles of water as one. You can't con an honest man, though.

I agree! It's stupid and greedy to buy a laptop from the back of a van but it's also a crime to pass off bottles of water as one. You can't con an honest man, though.

Used to be TV's and Video's boxed and shrink wrapped usually sold around antique fairs and other large events, they move with the times don't they.

What? They pretend it's a laptop? Again, if someone buys a laptop without opening the bag and checking it functions they are an utter div.

The stories I've seen, there is a laptop, then a "switcheroo" of the bags...

...still gotta be a muppet to fall for it though!

In other words, what do gypsies do for money? this is not a troll thread, its a serious question.

Surely they don't ALL run mobile fairgrounds; someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't do regular jobs - are any of your colleagues travellers? thought not.

Are they self employed with some sort of trade?

Is this inspired by Big Fat Gypsy Weddings on TV? :hihi: I'm wondering how they foot the bills too.

We once had some traveller families living near us. They were concerned that our washing wasn't drying fast enough so they were kind enough to take it off the line and run with it. They did this without a request for help or an offer of payment which was very public spirited of them..Okay they forgot to bring it back but its the thought that counts..

Archived