How do the traveller community sustain themselves financialy?

some do various trades (building, tarmaccing etc where they can move around and theres still a need)

some i believe some collect scrap

some new age travellers sell stuff at the festivals, work on the festivals etc

then of course benefits rears its head :P

And some sell Pegs :hihi:

In other words, what do gypsies do for money? this is not a troll thread, its a serious question.

Surely they don't ALL run mobile fairgrounds; someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't do regular jobs - are any of your colleagues travellers? thought not.

Are they self employed with some sort of trade?

No idea at all to be honest,I have never met any.

I'm sorry but if you accept the offer of your drive being tarmaced by someone who just comes round to your house and knocks on your door you're a fool. The fact that they still make a living doing it shows that some people still fall for this so it wasn't that stupid a thing to s say - people do fall for it.

My Mum did, she was lucky though because all they were asking was claiming to be tree surgeons and offering to cut some branches of a tree for £50 (which was way over charging), and obvs they butchered it and it died but a lot of people get stung way worse than that. And to be honest I didn't even feel that sorry for her because she was just so utterly dim to accept the offer she deserved all she got.

hahaha..Damn..you cant say that about ya mam....

Archived