Are you proud to be English

England is not a nation as it has no internationally recognised border, no seat on the UN, no currency and no Passport.

Yes, my mistake there have been two acts of Union, one in 1707 and then another in 1800. The latter was between Britain and Ireland.

Here is a definition, not from Wikipedia.

England is not a State as it has no internationally recognised border but is still a nation.

No problem being British, but my nation is England, I dont have any alliegance to Scotland, Wales or Ireland and whats wrong with that?

None whatsoever. I am Scottish with no allegiance to any of the other nations within the United Kingdom.

As a former member of the Armed Forces, I do/did have an allegiance to the UK.

If England is a nation, can you please show me an English passport, the English currency and where they sit on the United Nations please?

I can't................because England is not a state, although it is a nation.

Perhaps a bit of research on the difference between a nation, a state and a nation state would help avoid this confusion.

I can't................because England is not a state, although it is a nation.

Perhaps a bit of research on the difference between a nation, a state and a nation state would help avoid this confusion.

So you are saying that the USA is a state then :huh:

I think you are confused with the term "sovereign state" of which the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is one and if you wish to be a member of the United Nations you need to be one.

How many other nations are there that have no currency, government, passport or seat at the UN can you list?

A nation is a politically organized body of people under a single government. England has no government. England is a historic fact but not a modern nation. In fact the Kingdom of England included Wales until the 1700's.

Archived